Another Year - Same Result

Well they say, it's all water under the bridge, but then would Blogs exist, if people just let it go, and not stop to bitch about it, and then maybe let it go?

So it's this thing that comes around every year around this time, that get all those who have a liking for the stage excited, 4 weeks (sometimes more.. sometimes less) of tiring practices, and getting the set, costumes organized for the Big Day. Actually 2 Big Days, if your lucky enough to get passed the 1st one.

The goal is to put up a good show, and in the meantime knock the socks off 3 individuals seated some where in the middle of the audience, in whose lap sits the scrap of paper that your fate is decided on.

In all this my experience is slightly different being the old geezer I am, still find my self roped into this whole experience. So obviously I'm not the schoolboy who's on stage, but come the time of announcing the verdict my heart beats equally to the tempo of the school boy. I share the same sorrow, but I know the feeling of winning is worth all the sorrows, and in time they will too. But 3 years in a row is enough waiting and I hope the light shines upon them next year.

As I hit the "Publish Post" button I cant help but think whether it would have been different if we had gone ahead with the original plan, specially with the judges routing for the comedy against the tragedy.

The Bard would say.. (from the Play itself) "What's done cannot be undone!"....

3 comments:

SpectralCentroid said...

Ugh... Not again. Sucks man. Who won?

Chaar~Max said...

Maristella, Us, D.S n Joes..... :(

Anonymous said...

sorry for the rather delayed comment...

It is indeed a shame cos you guys stop everything else in life and work super hard during Shakes time, but at the risk of pissing you off right now, I must say that when you come 2nd for three years in a row, to me it basically means that 'you are good, but there is something just not right to make it perfect..'

Maybe all you seniors should get together and sit down and put all your experience and ideas and see what you guys are doing wrong and seriously try some new ideas...

ps: i do think the results of this yr's shakes, both boys and girls are a bit dodgy though...its just too coincidental and random...