Counting down to Eternity

I saw the coolest thing ever in Sri Lanka! It's been there fore a couple of day now. You would have seen it, if you go through the Castle Street Junc. What am I talking abt?

.
.
.
.

Counter/Timers on Traffic Lights!

Why is it soo cool? Well I haven't seen them any where else, except for a similar concept at Race tracks! Yup Sri Lanka has it's own GP Track now.

Is it Good? Well I think so. While your stuck in Red, and you feel like you have waited an Eternity, all you need to do is look up and realize, that nope.. it starts at 60, and you've got a 59 secs more to go. (They have different calibrations for different times and directions.)

Anyways, I think it's pretty Hip. And when the light turns Green.. it gives a counter of how long it's gonna stay that way. So you can start hooting at the slow "Uncle" infront of you.

Ofcourse the Irony of this will be after counting down to Zero, and your just about to speed off, leaving the rest in dust, a Copper bugger comes and decides, No! I need to make an ass of my self. Why not keep these buggers for some more time. (Havent seen that happening yet though.. Fingers crossed)

So, now I just need to wait till I can get a decent amount of Juice, to practice my Leaving everybody in dust on the countdown. Oops I forgot, I run an automatic. Well maybe I'll have to settle for Revving on the 2nd and a Hand Brake release... he he..

PS- Some one go take a pic of em funky counters and post it will ya.

5 comments:

Sam said...

This has been in India for long time. Not a bad concept.
But I personally don’t like that much - because red light is the only time I have in my life that I can be still and not involves in some kind of rat race. Red light is the resting ground of the high traffic roads in Sri Lanka. Now it is time for me to give up that.

Anonymous said...

Never seen one of these in Europe or US, the pedestrian crossings have a timer that indicates how long you have to live before being flattened by a semi but not the traffic lights...or maybe it just didnt register...

Anonymous said...

In Oz, light start to blink 30sec b4 turning to red. if the light blinking shouldnt start to cross and if you r half way.. should hurry up.

Anonymous said...

how cool is that !! let's see how long it takes for some idiot vandalizes it..

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Ammooooooo ! I'm going to take it home :D i love cool lit up thingys in my room.. in fact im eying the JD sign at the back of the stage at clancys :D lol :)

but any way.. i've seen this in india and thailand.. Who knows this might be a good thing..

Someone will say ah.. 30 seconds to go.. another might say.. got to make it b4 0 !! and crash.. crash any way :D lol :)