Matching Shoes and Hand Bag

I'm not sure whether this is also a part of the age old question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Why do women have to match every thing? From Shoes to Handbags, from top to bottom, Eye Shadow to Nail Polish?

I'm sure that this post will generate an uproar by all the women folk on the Blogsphere but atleast I'm counting on the guys rallying behind me. he he. This all started with me having to drive my Baby to a Shop in Mount from Col-3 (after work - peak traffic time) to get her Turquoise shoes. Why? because she got a Turquoise bag? Hmm...

For the guys who are wondering what the hell is Turquoise. Check the Wikipedia Definition.

I'm not a fashion guru from Milan, so I wouldn’t know the sense of it, but I tell you being a Guy is very less complicated. Why? When you want to go out :

1. 2 mins before you pull the Jeans or Shorts that are lying on the rack.
2. Grab the first T-shirt from drawer.
3. Pick up your shoes/sandals or Bata and your off.
4. Some times you might stop for a moment to check your self infront of a mirror. (Not me... he he)


The same operation for a girl, would be like:

1. Talk to their GF's to see what they are wearing (not wanting to wear the same thing) also make sure they aren't going to be over dressed or under dressed.
2. Spend the next half an hour in front of a mirror deciding what to wear, which colour etc.
3. Realize that the shoes that match that top are broken and start the process all over again.
.
.
.
.
I stopped at 3, because I realized I might end up writing a book, instead of a Blog Post. he he.

If you guys think, I don’t have dress sense, I'd have to answer both Yes and No. The effort is much less and uncomplicated on my part. Only for Work and special occasions that I bother about matching. ANd that would include ONLY Tie, Shirt and Longs. Yes, I don’t wear Brown shoes, with Brown Pants. The black one's I own, look just fine. Oh yes, I also make a note to wear dark colored socks with dark pants. I know a certain few who dont bother about that either.

Speaking about shoes, how much of them do women own? I'll leave that upto you guys to figure out. he he.. Speaking for my self.. 2 Black pairs (One for Work, the other for Special Occasions) 1 Trainer(Hardly gets worn) 1 Pair of Slip on Sandals and 1 Pair of Batas (Actually my uncle, believes that they belong to him, so it's half-half I guess.)

So it's time for the Judgments... I'm the Typical Guy (as you can see), and my GF.. the Typical Girl. Mars and Venus Story. Anyway end of the day, we like our Women to look Good(I meant Gorgeous/Stunning etc.), so all this complaining is just a "Guy Thing", so you women folk out there, don’t stop what you've been doing, just on my or any other guy's account. Besides my GF is totally grateful for the pains I took, so everything is cool over here.

But, just in case you don't hear from me for a while, that isn't because I switched to "Blogger Beta", most likely my GF clobbered me (after reading this) with her New Hand Bag. :)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

your voice is heard out loud and clear man, we want them to look the best, but it takes us 5, for them.. stopped counting and making an average figure... so too bad, it comes with the package man, really hard to explain or get an explanation why it has to match..??!?!? and if u dont return we'd know wht happened to you.. :D

Anonymous said...

Hehehe very funny post! I’m afraid I can’t give you an answer to your query.

- because I don’t know, or because I cannot divulge the erm deep rooted secrets of the female of the species…or perhaps because I know your girlfriend and am likely to be moved further on up in the “hit list”!

…Out of curiosity, did she find the baby-pink purse to match the new shoes too?

To add to the actual topic, not all girls are like that…although let’s face it, you love it really and wouldn’t change it if you had half the chance.

Anonymous said...

yep i ain't like that at all.. it takes me minutes to get dressed and i dont give a shit abt matching anything :) i just dress in whatever is comfortable and clean at the time.. i hate laundry and ironing so it's quite a challenge let me tell u to find something that is actually wearable in my wardrobe :(

Chaar~Max said...

LostSoul :
Firstly I'm still alive & well. :) I'm supposed to get clobbered when she gets the bag into her hands. ie - She's getting it made (long story.)

Anon :
He he. Yep, and she also got a set of "Comfy" baby pink slippers too (besides the shoes). Dont worry, as I said in the end, all though we (guys) complain, we like our Women to look Hot!

Savi:
Well just like everything in life, there are exceptions to this as well. I know a few fellow Guys who spend like 1/2 an hour in front of the mirror, "Gelling" their hair and what not. Some times they forget their just going to meet an old friend and end up at "Pilla" not at "Tabu". (I didn't want to mention them, coz it'll ruin the whole post.. he he)

Oh, and if you guys are wondering, she didnt find the Turquoise shoes there. I kept pointing to shoes that I thought looked like Turquoise, but they ended being either Blue or Green. (Yep, typical guy again)

So if you guys(I mean the Girls, spot any Turquoise shoes (did I mention "CHEAP"?), buzz me.

Chaar~Max said...

Thousand apologies yar! I have been informed that the "Comfy" slip owned by a certain person are far from "Baby Pink" they are "Strawberry Pink". Don't know the difference? Shame on you. Go hide your face with a news paper, and ask your GF or any other Girl you know. (Don't think I know the difference either). Supposedly she has a matching Strawberry Pink Bag to go with it, and I bought it for her. (I recall buying a Pink Bag, wasn't aware that it was "Strawberry Pink", oh well, you learn something new everyday!)

Anonymous said...

wait...aren't strawberries red?

...maybe it's the strawberries-mashed-into-cream colour? yummm

aaaand...baby-pink would be...erm...the colour of...a...pink baby???

Hope I've cleared things up for you!!!

If it makes you feel any better, guys aren't supposed to be very good at distinguishing between colours (it's a brain thing) ...but then girls aren't as good at seeing in 3D -apparently!

That's the trade off...although we have good peripheral vision too =)

Chaar~Max said...

Yup, and pink salmon would be.. slmaon pink ya?

Dont let my exagertaion get to you, I'm very capable of distinguishing colours. From "Peach" to "Magenta". If you dont belive me, ask my GF.

If you want me to give Numerical Values of those Colours I'll be even more happy to give them for you.

It's been a common misconception that Men cant tell Colours a part.

Anonymous said...

dude lets be grateful they take that time...imagine how much less we would have to gawk at if girls didnt dress well!

there are a lot of guys out there who are a bit metrosexual to different degrees,including me I guess...I do try to match shoes to belts, etc and spike my hair...but thankfully thats about it

PRan said...

I totally agree with U ChaarMax.
Well once when I went shopping with GF (now upgraded to wife...), & was biting nails for hrs till the right match came up.
An old gentleman came & said to his wife 'Ohh just choose something quickly...'
Well he has grown so old, with those u just mentioned...

SpectralCentroid said...

Ah the vicious cycle of color matching.

Steps
1. Accidentally notice a 'nice' pair of shoes while shopping.
2. "Oh my GOD, they are DIVIIIIINE!! I must have them. But I did buy a pair last weekend. Maybe I shouldn't. What do you think? But then again, it might sell out soon, I mean they are sooooo nice. What do you think?"
3. Buy the shoes.
4. A couple of days later, "Oh, but I don't have a dress that matches".
5. Buy one.
6. A couple of days later, "Oh, but I don't have a hand bag that matches".
7. Buy one.
8. While walking out of the hand bag store step 1 happens again......

Chaar~Max said...

c25:

Mate. As I have reiterated my self many a time, we don't mind it, but that doesn't mean we dont have to complain ya? After all, what is the "Mars and Venus" story there for?

And, most of the guys gawk at not how well girls (specially the younger one, so that the older women in here dont hack my blog for generalizing, wait a minute falling into an "older" generalization may piss them off even more..) these days are dressed but UNDERdressed. I wonder how the parents of these kids let them wear such things like they do.

And before I get bashed for being a Gender Biased Freak, it's not the girls only. Now how can a Guy be under dressed you ask? Wearing a Gal (Extra Short) Shorts you reply? Nope, how could you? thats me!! I'm reffering to those guys who wear there pants/shorts way below their waist. (I'm too embarssed to say this but some where close your underwear would normally end). A short T-shirt and flashing their boxes off to all and sundry. Now do the girls find this attractive? Pls enlighten me, for I'm afraid I'm "Old School".

Centroid:
Right on bro! However my Gf wishes to inform that in her case, she hardly buys more than one accessory of the same colour, with the exception of purple. Dont ask why!! lol

Pran:
Thanks for the comments mate (on both the posts). Made me blush. BTW, like your name, assuming it's the Hindi version of the Sri Lankan "Dushtaya".