Me First Beer..

After being sober for a period of 6 yrs, I had my self a beer, last Friday. Well.. it still tastes the same. He he.. hic hic. Ok ok.. I aint stoned now, nor was I stoned after the beer, and this is probably gonna sound crazy to most of you. Since blogs weren't around back in the day when I used to tempt my self with the gods so called nectar, I thought I'd just note it down here.

Sooo... it tastes shit. Not that I expected it to get all sweet and stuff during a period of 6 yrs, but I dunno, I somehow like it.

What made me cross the line? Well I have been on the fence for a few months now, and on that fateful Friday, I just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and made the wrong(or right) decision. We(myself and a colleague of mine) were at a client location, stuck till 11pm.. yes wokring. After finishing up, since we hadn't had any propper dinner (the clients were nice enough to bring some grub from KFC), we were stranded with the notion of "where do we go next?". Coincidently since all this was happening in Nawam Mw. and all the noice at that time was comming from a spot that called them selves the "White Horse", we found our selves heading over there.

All in all just like the "Lion" advert goes, it found a hard working guy, ending the day near a water hole. So predictable yar?

So there u have it. My silly story. This year has seen alot of changes, I vaguely remember myself being "Vege", and now licking my fingers after eating Chicken. What else is instore for me? Maybe some Weed... or better yet.. Marraige! (I think I'll save those for the next year)

And for those who think this guy is crazy.. your probably right!

8 comments:

sittingnut said...

why would anybody want to stay sober( /vegetarian /some other thing ) if he/she does not want to?

Deane said...

man i think they should make that Lion Ad the new Sri Lankan anthem man! cool song.. ne ? at least it generates some passion.
'Nadi ganga Tharanayee..." man.. bring back memories.. good ones..

the current anthem is so passive for me..

Chaar~Max said...

Sittingnut :

Decided to go sober, coz I was drinking too much back in the day, thought I'd save some for a rainy day.

Vege, was a pact by many of my friends. It was related to scouting. Dont ask how and why? It's crazy, the things we did. Those who know will know...


CC :

That song is soo awesome.. I've been searching for the mp3 of it, but no luck yet...

On a not soo happy note :

I dont dig the new ad, where they show people you look upto (Schollar, Union Leader, Athlete etc), coz that is targeting kids. They are trying to instill in the kids that, if you wanna become one of em, you need to do this and that.

This may be my narrow minded opinion, but if you look at the ad, properly, it definitely doesn't have a calling for anyboy above 18, coz by that time you'd be one those people they show, or already on the path to being one.

Open for your comments!

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

Hmmm.. i still don't like beer..

Anonymous said...

Lion lager and stout are nice...as are a few beers like asahi and stella...hate becks. Dude you should try some Reserve and Coke...honey:)

Also reducing drinkage is a lot easier than cold turkey IMO...unless one is already a hardcore alci...6 years though! Well done:)

Lion ad campaign sounds a tad disturbing...though its a bit of a moot point no? with the ban that is..

Anonymous said...

ela kiri macho. hope hanging out with me hasnt lead to this. but i dislike beer anyway.

PEACE

Anonymous said...

ahh the calories in that 1 beer :( having said that Corona is one of my favourites and also 3 Coins white.

Chaar~Max said...

Hanging out with you Boycy.. hmm what has that led us to. Why disocveries ofcourse. Let me name a few.

1. Restaurent at Juliana closes at 1am.
2. Coffee Shop and Bar/Pub at Intercon closes at 1am.
3. Coffee Shop at Galadari is 24/7.
4. Fish and Chips and Galadari means Fried Fish (mimus the Batter)
5. Dont trust the Doormen and Guy with the Tie in the Lobby to tell you when their Restaurent/Coffee Shop is open.

Hope that answers your question.

And folks I'm trying to take it one at a time, so as much as the Reserve is the answer for my calling, let it wait a bit.

I soo much wanna try the Smirnoff Mandrin. Supposed to be nice eh?. Till then let me stick with Savi3's list.