Checkpoints Galore and a Claymore

The morning saw two Kudda’s (Druggies) finding a Claymore in their attempt to salvage metal off the rail tracks. Ironic isn’t it, with all the Police Patrols a Kudda has to go find (accidentally of course.. rumour is it that he actually started hammering at it till some other dude pointed out that it was actually more than 15 kilos of metal)

From where did I hear the breaking news? All the way from Australia I tell you. Technology has so freaking improved that I had to then switch on to the YesFM Online just in time to catch their hourly bulleting confirming this.

Anyways the Police not to be left out started a massive search operation on various roads entering the city, and basically any other placed that would cause a huge traffic jam and an inconvenience to the public. Yes I got caught to it on my way to Rathmalana and yes I tried many routes to avoid it but to no avail. Hence this post is in front of you. 

For the benefit of the reader I have attached a pic of a Claymore Mine(off Battlefield) so you too can identify these fancy metal objects dotted around the city on your next evening stroll.


4 comments:

Sam said...

Thanks. Next time when I went out scrap iron hunting. I will keep this in mind :-)

Voice in Colombo said...

I'll take a print out of this and carry in my pocket (lol). So that, if I see something suspicious, I can match it with the "illustration". BTW we should distribute these as leaflets isn't it?

Chaar~Max said...

According to Mr. Tilwin of the JVP, the checkpoints were aimed at them, as to disrupt the massive crowds travelling from outstation to attend their rally.

VIC n Sam :

Better yet mate, we need to employ more Kudda buggers in those "Uncleared Areas". I'm sure are chaps will do a better job than those sniffers and metal detectors. Also they'd bring the stuff and sell the metal in Pettah. Now that's what you call a Win-Win situation :)

Lady divine said...

thx for the pic..it was actually the first time i ever saw one...and yes the traffic ws awful on that day all over..and to top that there was one hell of a rally going on as well! even thinking of the shit i had to go thru that day makes me feel highly annoyed...