How do you want to go?

Last night was a Chaar-Scene. One of my friends father had passed away in the morning and therefore spent the night at his house. Which means I missed LOST (on ART TV). One of my friends said he has the complete season and he’d give it to me. But it’s just not right. Having the entire collection with you doesn’t seem right. That would mean I’ll start watching episode after episode non-stop thereby killing the enthusiasm and that hunger to know what happens next week. True it gives you an easy way out without having to watch all those annoying Ads in the middle, but that’s just me. I’d love to have the collection however as a reference of some sort after I’ve watched the series.

Anyways, getting back to the funeral, the cause of death was Liver failure, some sort of cirrhosis. In other words he’s drunk him self to death, although he’d stopped 6 years ago it had let to many complications. I'm no doc, I'm just putting out what I heard. Anyways it got me thinking “is this the way to go?“

The classic joke would be :

I want to go, just like my grandfather in “silent slumber”, not like his passengers screaming.

Something to think about…

6 comments:

Voice in Colombo said...

I started watching "Lost" with a great enthusiasm, beacust it was said to be a hit in other coutries. But, so far I'm disapointed with it:-(

May be my taste has changed, but I've watched better TV seiries with simmilar theme some time back. Amazon, Land of the Giants (Very old! Popular when we were kids,a and during the early days of SL TV), and Lost World were much more entertaining than Lost.

And no way, Lost could match the level of X-Files, 24, Millenium or CSI. But, we'll keep our hopes alive. Hoping that, Lost turn out to be the great entertainer it said to be.

Anonymous said...

Small world. I was at the funeral house too.

How do you know Varuna?

Chaar~Max said...

Anon :

Well he used to work with us at HelloCorp (my ex Work Place). So dont tell me your from Hello too. :)

VIC :

Mate in my opinion Lost is better than 24. I'm an ardent fan of 24 but some how Lost seems a wee bit better. Lost is a different theme than what we see in Shows (atleast what you get in SL) these days.

But season 5 of 24 started off with a shocker. Lets hopethey keep the same intensity right through out.

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

I remember that joke.. it was a bit hit when i was in school.. but now with ppl i know dying around me.. sheesh.. i feel so lost and old :( I want to float to heaven and miss the whole dying ordeal.. it's such a big fuss and a large expence for the ppl you leave behind! lol! Ceylinco should come up with insurance for funeral arrangements.. JUST IN CASE YOU DIE..

Chaar~Max said...

Well Evil, my Uncle used to joke around saying Jayaratne or Raymond's started an Insurance scheme or some sort of down payment on your funeral.

They had to forget about the schem as 2 of their first clients died pretty soon. I cannot verify the fact coz he's known to for his "Tall Tales" :)

Chamendra Wimalasena said...

lol :) you know that was proably true! lol :) knowing SL.. some crazy tings happen here ! lol :)

But how do i want to go.. hmmm.. I want to go without any loud crashing banging noises..

asked one of my friends and he wants to go out at the end of some good sex with a smile on his face. Another wants to go while partying hard.. another in her sleep.. man.. i am going to do a lil poll on this soon!