Blogger Beta

I've been seeing the Blogger Beta icon many times and actually gone through the tour, but scared to do the switch. Today I've finally decided to go ahead, why? The ability to categorize your posts!

Does any one have any experience with this? Pls let me know what I'm getting my self into.

So if all goes well. You'll still see me. If not it's Goodbye to the Blogsphere.

Hope the force is with me, this time!


UPDATE

I decided against it, after going through the Blogspot Blog on Known Issues and the Google Forum.

Issues that concern me are :

  1. Classic bloggers cant post on Beta Blogs (as the Beta login is based on Google Accounts.. me thinks)
  2. Beta bloggers cant post on Classic Blogs ( ..do.. )
  3. Inability to Post Pics at time.
  4. Cant view the Blog at times.
Still waiting for some feedback from you guys..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pradheep.....

Thanks mate. I almost converted my blog to Blogger Beta.

Phew that was close. Thanks once again for your update.

Manshark said...

I've been wondering the same thing - to switch or not to switch. But what's held me back is they say once you make the switch, there's no going back..sounds kinda scary..

Eagles' Hotel California comes to mind:
/We are programmed to receive/You can checkout any time you like/But you can never leave!/

Sachini said...

I have also been wondering whether to switch or not. I went half way through, then went to the google group , got scared and backed off. Apparently in some cases the dashboard with your old posts cant be seen. And I wasnt sure whether my stat counter and other stuff will also disappear.But we will all have to switch at one point whether we like it or not but for now it's a case of "paninna pera hitha baleema". I'm thinking of making a beta blog for fun and trying it out for a while (when i get the time that is).

Chaar~Max said...

Oh I forgot the most important one Manshark, "There is no return".

Therefore I will remain till more of the compatibility issues are fixed.

Thats an idea Sach, but unfortunately dont have the time on my hands. What ever spare time I have, is being spent on Restoring a 333MhZ PC and Cleaning up my room.

However you also would be warned that several bloggers say that their blogs aren't accessible for days. Sometime's it's the Dashboard, sometimes is the Blog it self, depriving your viewers.

Also for those of you who use Flikr and stuff, auto-posting isn't enabled as yet.

Anonymous said...

Err! I switched.

Issues so far - NONE. Except something seems to have changed with the RSS Feed. Blog content doesn't show on Kottu.

You will lose your template mods if you convert to layout templates. But they say they'll save a copy. (My post)

Posts are looking OK. Categorization via labels is looking OK. Blog is loading. Create post area in blogger loads faster.

I'd say go for it. If you have issues, just email blogger support. I had issues once, long time ago and they fixed it.

Get a Google ID. Gmail rocks. Adsense gives you some free money. Think about it.